Ribbons, and Ruffles and Bows: Oh My!

So after spending too much time on a design site, polyvore.com (as I procrastinate cleaning the house)... I've come up with a couple of design schemes, one for a room, one for an outfit. Turns out I like bright colors, black and white contrast, and modern shapes. I kinda new that from my paintings though. Here's what I call the Mad Hatter Den:


mad hatter den


I really like the clock, pottery, and pendant lights. My favorite part is adding things that look like they're from another world, slightly surreal, like the legs on the lime green chest and the clock hanging on a branch.

For my next mixture, I came up with four outfits shown below:

outfit spectrum


It looks like a jumbled mess of color all at once, but each outfit is its own artwork. You'll notice a lot of flowers, ruffles, bows, and what not- so i'm a little girly?... humph. Excuse me while I go fix my make-up...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOOORVE that room. And those clothes. That is all.

Jen said...

oh to blog. what is this website? it looks incredibly addicting.

Jen said...

p.s. i didn't know i had a blog until i just made that comment. exciting!