MuteMath: no not the school subject, the band


Ok, so I must indulge myself in talking about my favorite band: MuteMath. Ever heard of them? They're awesome.

I first listened to their music about 5 years ago and fell in love (with the music, come on, I'm married now). Did it stop there? No, because I then went to a concert of theirs in Charlotte with Mark and our two awesome friends Heather and Graydon, and may I just say: I've never heard of a band that could sound even better live than recorded until MuteMath.

One of my favorite songs by them is Chaos, that is until their new record, Armistice, came out. I can't pick one from that record because it surpasses any measurement system I had in tact for music prior to listening to it. Ok, so I'm getting a little carried away, I do that sometimes... but it's a good record.



Are you ready for the big news? They're touring again with their new album and they're coming back to the good 'ole south! Yes, that's right, I get to see them play once more. The drummer, Darren King, has to duck tape his headset to his head so it doesn't fall off when he plays. If you listen to the music, you'll understand why. The band also features a keytar (courtesy of Paul Meany, above), synthesizer, and some other terms I don't recognize, but you add all of those things together and you get, you guessed it:




MuteMath.

No comments: